Do the cabins have kitchens?
Yes, all the cabins have a kitchen that includes refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker with coffee, range, stove, all the utensils needed for cooking and eating. NOTE: Cabin 7 does NOT have a range and stove, but a hot plate.
Do the beds have sheets?
Yes, the beds have sheets, pillows and blankets. You don’t need a sleeping bag to stay at Colorado Bear Creek Cabins. We do ask that you make your own bed each morning, and we will provide fresh linens if requested.
Does the bathroom have towels?
Yes, the bathrooms have towels like you would find in any hotel.
Is there a wood-burning fireplace?
Yes, all cabins have a large stone wood-burning fireplace. You can purchase firewood at Safeway and Walgreens.
Do the cabins have heat and air conditioning?
All cabins are heated and the cabins are very warm in the winter. Air conditioning is not needed because the summer temperatures are very comfortable, and it’s always cool at night in the summertime.
How big are the cabins?
The cabins are 350 square feet.
How many beds are in the cabins?
Cabins 1,3,4,5,6,7 have 1 queen and 1 twin (rollaway is available), and Cabins 2,8 have 1 queen bed.
How big is the mountain home?
The mountain home is approximately 1,500 sq/ft with 2 bedrooms.
How many people will the mountain home sleep?
The mountain home sleeps 6-8 depending on the sleeping arrangements (1 king, 2 twins, and 1 queen sleeper sofa).
Can 4 adults sleep in a cabin?
No. There is 1 queen and 1 twin bed in Cabins 1,3,4,5,6,7 with an extra twin roll-away. This comfortably sleeps 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children.
Do you provide any food or beverages?
No, we do not provide any food or beverages. With a full kitchen, you can bring your own food and cook your own meals. We have a saying at Colorado Bear Creek Cabins: “make your own breakfast and make your own bed.”
How far away are the cabins from Bear Creek?
The cabins are 30 feet from Bear Creek. The cabins are close enough to hear the gentle sounds of the stream and far enough away for safety.
Do you have WiFi?
Yes, Colorado Bear Creek Cabins has a WiFi network for guests to have internet access.
Is there parking near the cabins?
Yes, Cabins 7 & 8 have designated parking at the east end of the property right next to the cabins.
Are there grills and picnic tables outside?
Yes, there are BBQ grills, picnic tables, and sitting areas between the cabins and the creek.
Are pets allowed?
Yes, pets must be on a leash in any public area and CANNOT be left alone in the cabins ($50 cleaning fee required).
Is there fishing in the creek?
Yes, there is fly fishing on Bear Creek. It is catch and release. No fishing license is required when fishing on the property. Bear Creek contains several types of trout: Rainbow, Brown, Burke.
Is the property in the mountains?
Yes, Colorado Bear Creek Cabins’ elevation is 7,000 feet above sea level and sits right up against the mountains.
How far away is downtown Evergreen?
It is exactly 1 mile west to get to downtown Evergreen.
Where is the closest supermarket?
Safeway is the closest supermarket and it is exactly 3 miles away.
What kinds of wildlife can be seen around Bear Creek?
You will probably see elk and deer on a daily basis. Sometimes you will find a fox drinking from the creek. There are black bears in the area, but it is rare that you will see one.
How far away is Evergreen Lake?
Evergreen Lake is 1 ½ miles to the west of the property.
How far away is the Red Rocks Amphitheater?
Red Rocks Amphitheater is 10 miles to the east of the property.
Do you provide a shuttle service?
No, but there are several options for local transportation. Click here for more information.
How far away is snow skiing?
The closest ski area is Loveland Ski Resort and it is a 45-minute drive.
Are there outdoor activities close by?
Yes, Evergreen offers many outdoor experiences including hiking, biking, horseback riding, boating, skiing, and many other activities.
How far away is the Denver International Airport?
The airport is 45 miles away (1 hour driving time).
How far away is Denver?
Denver Colorado is 25 miles to the east (30 minute driving time).
What is the weather like?
We recommend that you check www.weather.com for the forecast, average temperature, and precipitation for your travel dates.
- CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 3 P.M. MST AND CHECK OUT IS 11 A.M. MST.
- This is a NON SMOKING unit.
- PETS – Pets require a non refundable $50 fee.
- DAMAGE DEPOSIT – We retain the right to apply up to $1000 USD against your credit card for any damages incurred. No charges will occur provided the following provisions are met.
- No damage is done to unit or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
- No charges are incurred due to contraband or pets.
- All debris, trash and discards are placed in garbage containers and dirty dishes are placed in the dishwasher.
- All keys are left in the property and property is left locked.
- All charges accrued during the stay are paid prior to departure.
- No linens are lost or damaged. No towels are missing or damaged.
- The unit is kept in satisfactory clean and sanitary condition during the rental period by the renter.
- The renter does not use the unit or allow the unit to be used for any illegal, unlawful or business purposes.
- The renter has not breached any municipal or other bylaws or rules and regulations in respect of the unit, and does not cause any loud conversations, music, television or other irritating noise to disturb peaceful enjoyment of any other residents of other units in the building or neighborhood at any time.
- In the event the foregoing provisions are not met, costs to rectify are applied from the deposit, and in the event of early check in or late check out, the deposit at the option of Colorado Bear Creek Cabins Inc. will be forfeited.
- 9/8/2018 to 5/24/2019 – A nonrefundable deposit $115 is required upon booking and total balance is due 30 days inadvance of check-in. The deposit will be applied toward the room rent.
- 9/7/2017 to 5/24/2018 – Deep discounts rates during this off-season are payable at booking and non-refundable.
- Please make payments in the form of Visa, MasterCard, American Express. The initial deposit is not part of the damage deposit. The balance of rent is due upon your arrival date.
- CANCELLATIONS – Deposits are NOT REFUNDABLE once received. Cancellation of entire stay required 1 month in advance to avoid charges for entire reservation fee.
- MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY – Maximum 3 adults in cabins. We can accommodate 2 adults/2 children under age 12.Maximum guests in home is 6 plus a 7th with a rollaway.
- MINIMUM AGE – Minimum age is 25. The owner of the credit card used for the reservation must be over the age of 25. If the minimum age is not met the reservation will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
- INCLUSIVE FEES – Rates include a one-time linen-towel setup.
- RATE CHANGES – Rates subject to change without notice.
- FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
- WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS – Any exceptions to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing in advance.
- PARKING – Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas. Parking on the road is not permitted.
- STORM POLICY/ROAD CONDITIONS – No refunds will be given for storms. There are no refunds due to road conditions.
- INJURY/ILLNES/DAMAGES ETC –Colorado Bear Creek Cabins Inc. is not responsible for any illness, accidents, damages, death, theft, costs or injury that occurs while in the property or the building area and its facilities. Colorado Bear Creek Cabins Inc. is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the renter. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all renter(s) and others whom they invite to the unit and/or building area and its facilities are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the unit and building and facilities, and the renter(s) releases the Colorado Bear Creek Cabins Inc. from any claims, loss, damages, and indemnifies and saves them each harmless from and against all claims, damages, actions or expenses suffered by or occurring to the Colorado Bear Creek Cabins Inc. in connection with the foregoing.
- TERMINATION – Failure by the Guest to meet the payment terms and schedule may result in termination of the reservation and forfeiture of deposits. Failure to adhere to items within this policy may result in eviction at the discretion of Colorado Bear Creek Cabins Inc. In such cases all deposits and payments by the Guest are forfeited.